Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Khatia Party Continued (The Deal)....

       The party started and everyone indulged. Some danced with the songs. some preferred to sit and watch the girls dancing. And, some made themselves near to the beer only. I was in the first group and when I am finished with my beer, I tried to find Rahul and Shiva. But, none of them were there. I headed towards the canteen to have a beer and in the corridor I saw Shiva. Shiva was standing in the corridor leaning towards the wall with folded hands. He had his glasses on. Shiva uses glasses in two different situations. First, when he got tensed and the second, when he wears his thinking cap. I didn't make out why he is wearing his glasses on a day like this but that set an alarm. I passed him like I didn't notice as I didn't want to ruin my evening. I went straight ahead to the canteen and found Rahul with a bunch of papers.
"Hey, whats up? What are you doing here?" I asked Rahul.
"Hey Viji, just a little bit of calculations. I guess, I have spent something from my pocket" Rahul replied.
"We will share it you know
"Hmm, I guess so. We have to." Rahul smiled.
"Hey, what happened to Shiva? He is standing all alone with his glasses on."
"Oops, thats not a good sign" Rahul replied.
We burst into laughter. I took two beers, one for me and one for Shiva. I met Shiva in the corridor and handed over one beer. He denied. He was really thoughtful. He had a lot of questions on his face. He had a different kind of tempo in his voice. 
"Hey, What happened? Why are you here?" I asked.
"I want her" Shiva replied pointing his finger towards the code '0' girl.
"What? Are you gonna mad?" I replied.
Shiva didn't respond. He looked at me and I could see the anxiety in his eyes and could hear the warmth in his voice.
"Do you really mean it" I asked.
Shiva nodded his head.
In life, you hardly get any chance to do something for a person you like most. I got that chance. So I decided to do that for him. But How? That bothered me.
I went to the canteen again and told everything to Rahul. Rahul got surprised to hear that. He said only one thing " Our friend gonna become a man. We should help him".
We took Shiva to my room and the discussion started.
"Are you serious" Rahul asked.
"I am" Shiva replied.
"She is 1500 per hour. You have to spend around 6000 bucks to be with her for the rest of the night" Rahul said.
Shiva nodded his head.
Rahul sat on the chair , thought for a moment and then started
"Ok, We will do something. I have around 1300 cash. How much you have guys?"
"I have around 750" I  replied.
"I have 250 only" Shiva said.
"okay, you go to ATM and draw the cash. I will arrange the rest". Rahul said to Shiva and handed over his ATM card. I too did that.
Shiva left for ATM and we left for arranging the rest of the money. 
I couldn't make out what Rahul's mind is cooking. Because I knew that no one in the whole hostel had money at that point of time. But at the same time I knew that Rahul will made this.
We went straight ahead to the pimp and Rahul tried to convince him
"We need code'0' for the rest of the night. It is four hours more. So it is 6000 rupees. But we have only 2300 cash right now. For the rest of the money, you can take my scooty. I will pay tomorrow and get back my scooty. And, If I don't, then you can always sell it and get your money back. You can get more than 3700 bucks.So Its a deal?"

2 comments:

  1. Initially me hi akele akele adha party enjoy kar liye,dono gd friends ko bhi yaad nain kiye..very bad:-(R

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous: Haaaa. Thats the essence of Khatia party, made u forget everything.

    ReplyDelete