Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Debut Match Continued6 (The end) ...

         We dressed up and went to the Nescafe kiosk in the hostel ground floor. Rahul put his ass on the security guard's chair as soon as we reached and hold his head tight. "Uffff " Thats all he said.
"What kind of tea you need" Shiva asked Rahul.
"What you are going to do?" Rahul backfired him.
"You said you need tea" I barged into and yelled at Rahul.
"Yes, I need. But I need a cutting chai and not the machine made Tea" Rahul replied with a smile on his face.
Shiva and I looked at each other and said simultaneously "What?".
"Yes, Cutting chai. If you need it, you get it" Rahul said and closed his eyes.
I started to blabber.
"How we can find your chai at 4 o' clock morning. You can't do that. You have to complete the story now. You have to drink this Tea. We can't arrange chai now. Its impossible. How does the Tea matter? It is same. Have you ever tried this Nescafe Tea. It is good. You will like it. Have one first"
I stopped after a while and looked at both of them. Nobody said anything. Rahul didn't care at all. And, Shiva knew my blabbering was never going to work. I sat on the chair with frustration. Shiva lit a cigarette and after the first puff, he said "We can get it in Railway Station". 
"Yes, Thats right" Ragul said.
"What! Railway station! Are you mad?" I exclaimed.
"At 4 o clock morning, we can get tea only in railway station" Shiva said again.
"Okay, then how are we going there" I asked.
"We will take a bike" Rahul answered.
"And, where you gonna get that" I asked.
 "We can borrow it from senior" Shiva said.
I don't know why drunk people behave so smart. They think that they can do everything, achieve anything. Try to act sober, smart and intelligent. The same happened with Shiva and Rahul.
After Shiva's proposal, Rahul stood up and they both marched towards the seniors hostel. With no other option, I followed them but I have already smelled the tornado waiting for us there.

        "Hall Of Residence 5" was the name of our Senior's hostel. With all rooms locked, we heard some noise from the third floor. We marched there. As soon as we reached the end of staircase and the start of the corridor, we saw around 5 seniors busy in discussing Cruel intentions. They spotted us instantaneously and got excited to see us. Three drunk freshers, one week older, in seniors hostel and to that at 4 o' clock morning. The situation was like three innocent animals walking to slaughterhouse willing to be butchered.
"Hey, you fuckers. come here." one of the senior asked us.
We went straight to him.
"So what brought you here" Another senior asked.
"We need a bike sir. We want to go station to have some tea" Rahul answered vigorously.
Three big bang sound. The whole corridor echoed. Three big slaps on our chicks and then down on the knee. "No questions asked. Be there as next command comes" One senior said. 
Then they got busy in their discussion again. With kneel down, we prefer to remain silent to prevent any other worse situation. We saw one by one all the senior left. As the last senior left the corridor, he asked us to leave. But, again the alcohol showed its temptation. "Can we have a bike Sir" Shiva asked again. This time, good luck was with us. The senior smiled and gave us a key and said the location of the bike. We thanked the holy hearted senior and ran for the hostel gate. It was around 4:45, means, 35 to 40 minutes of kneel down. After reaching the gate, what we spotted was enough to ruin our plans but we didn't loose hope. It was not a bike but a HeroPuch AG, a moped. Still, we loaded all three and set for the railway station.

        After 20 minutes of long and miserable drive, we reached the railway station. We spotted the cutting chai special shop and ordered three tea. The tea arrived and with the first sip, I asked "So, what after that". Rahul lit the cigarette,took one sip and started:
                                                                 After Shrabs left my room, I ran behind her but she has left the hostel. I couldn't sleep on that day. I just lied on my bed watching the revolving fan. I couldn't figure out what has just happened. I wished everything to be a bad dream but that was not. Everything was real. As soon as the clock clicks 7, I ran for the college to see her, apologize her and to express my love to her. But, as I tried to speak her, she behaved normal like nothing happened and politely excused herself. I asked her for a walk. She denied. I waited for her the whole day. She didn't show up. Afterwards, she tried to avoid me and didn't talk to me at all. I wrote several letters, texts several messages. But, she didn't reply. I got frustrated, depressed and the things got worse when I spotted her with Vikash, the lecture. The things happened same as with me. The same coffee shop, same walk and everything was same except I was not there. I glumly tried to move on and live my life in a disoriented state, but I never succeed. More I tried to forget her, I felt more close to her. Then I started all the stuff alcohol, smoke just to get far away from her thoughts. That also didn't work.
Rahul took a hard breath with that and stopped. We also remained silent for a while. But, the curiosity didn't let us stay calm.
"so, thats all. She never spoke to you again" I asked.
No, thats not true. she spoke to me once and that to in my room. The breakup left no interest in me in living and pursuing anything. I almost cut myself off from the rest of the world. I left my studies far behind. She showed up in my hostel room when my 12th board exam results came out. I was flunked. She came to let me know my result. She just said one thing "You are a fool". That one sentence made me realize the whole thing. I lost my one year, lost my career and in return I learned the best thing. 

       Rahul started bawling with that. We made him relax. I and Shiva couldn't make out what to say. We spent some more time in the station, just looking at each others face. Around 5:30, when the sun started to come out, we left for the hostel. Alcohol, the cold shower, the 40 minute kneel down and the 20 minutes miserable drive made all of us tired. We reached the hostel and went for a good sleep.

3 comments:

  1. uff,ragging with miserable driving tragedy of 1hr.So sad.Why u didn't ask to ur class-mates to spare their bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @san: Good one. It is actually my personal experience that nobody has their bike in the first year of college. So I imagined to borrow the bike from seniors. That also lead to a good ragging session. Don't you like this?

    ReplyDelete