Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Bride Continued....


       On the way back to home, I and Rahul both were silent. Rahul was lost in her thoughts, I guess. So I brought him into realty and asked: what did you talk?
“Nothing much” Rahul said.
“So, do you like her? I asked again.
“Hmm, yes, I think.” Rahul answered.
I feel like an axe fell on my sentiments.
Hmm, that’s good. I said with a sarcastic smile and asked: “Will you marry her?”
“Let’s see, I like her, the families will decide” Rahul said.
“She is marvelous. If it wouldn’t have your proposal, I could propose her” I said.
Rahul burst into laughter and said: “hey, bhabi maa samaan hoti he. And for your kind information, marwaris will never give their daughters in non-marwari families.”
We laughed and drove back to home.

For the first time in my life, I thought if I would born into a marwari family so I can offer myself for Soumya. I prayed that I will be vegetarian; I will eat only sweets and ghee; I will never drink alcohol; if Soumya would be mine. At the corner of my heart I knew that’s not possible but I didn’t want to loose hope. So I tried. The first thing I tried is to take Rahul’s mom into confidence.

          Time 1:30 pm. Venue: lunch table. I joined first and Rahul was little late. Rahul’s mom asked me: “So Vijay how is the girl, have you talked to her”.
“She was good. Rahul talked to her” I said.
“So Rahul liked her?” Aunty asked again.
I thought it was the right time to save my dream girl. So I manipulated the answer.
“Hmm, yes, he is. But, I don’t think she is the right girl for her” I said
Aunty promptly asked: “what made you think so?”
“She is general graduate and she is a homely girl. I don’t think she can adjust with Rahul. Rahul is a trendy, modern and extrovert person” I said
“That’s why, I selected her. In life, you need a person to balance and not the person of your type.” Aunty said.
Before I could say something, Rahul entered.
Aunty asked Rahul: “so how is she. Do you like her?”
“Hmm, she is good. But before saying something, I need sometime to know her better” Rahul said.

         That really soothed my mind. Damn, I really have some time to get that girl back and I need to work on this; I said to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment